CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Stanley Schair CTE Teacher Award
for Excellence and Innovation
In memory of Stanley Schair, the long-time chairman of
the Advisory Council for Career & Technical Education,
partners from industry, labor, community organizations
and universities present an annual award celebrating
an exemplary CTE educator.
Nominate an exceptional New York City teacher
who has demonstrated excellence in delivering a
career and technical education program and who has
created innovative approaches in the classroom,
in partnerships with business and the community,
and in forging post-secondary pathways.
Your nominee should:
- be an employee of the New York City Department of Education;
- teach a CTE program certified or in the process of being certified by the New York State Education Department;
- demonstrate success in bringing students the instruction, inspiration and career planning they need to succeed;
- demonstrate the integration of CTE with academic subjects.
To nominate an exemplary CTE teacher, please collect the following information:
- The nominee’s name, school and full contact information
- Your name and full contact information
- A description of the nominee’s impact on students, CTE and the school including career exploration, work-based learning and professional development activities.
- A letter of support from the nominee’s principal or other administrator describing the nominee’s program of study, course sequence, individual courses, and related activities
Submit your nomination to:
Advisory Council for Career & Technical Education
New York City Department of Education
The deadline for nominations is Sunday, January 31, 2016.
The Stanley Schair CTE Teacher Award for Excellence and Innovation will be presented at the United Federation of Teachers CTE Awards Recognition Ceremony on February 4, 2016.